- Where and when did you get married??
I got married in Noosa – Hidden Grove on 9 September 2016. http://noosaweddings.org/locations/
- What made you choose your location and was it everything you expected??
My husband and I were looking for somewhere that catered both of our wants. I wanted a garden wedding and he wanted a beach wedding. We also knew it would be a destination wedding as my family is from NSW and my husband’s family is from Brisbane. While researching locations on the Sunshine Coast I came across Hidden Grove – which is a lovely garden behind the main beach of Noosa therefore having the best of a garden and beach wedding rolled into one.
- When you think back to your wedding day, what’s the one thing that you loved the most (apart from marrying your hubby!!)??
That it represented my husband and I as a couple. It was a really fun and relaxed day and was exactly what we both wanted. I think it is easy to become caught up with trends on social media or what other people think is the perfect wedding and you forget the purpose of YOUR wedding day and what YOU really want.
- Your wedding day was wonderful, but if there was one thing/detail you could change about it, what would it be???
Our reception venue organiser assured us that everything would be fine on the day and she had all the information that she required. However on the day there were a couple of minor things that could have been better organised. Therefore I would definitely recommend meeting with your reception organiser to ensure you run through all the details one last time.
- What was the best advice you received whilst planning that helped you?
Go through the day minute by minute to ensure that you have remembered everything. This ensures that the day will run smoothly for both you and your guests. For example we timed the music that we wanted from ceremony, river cruise, our entrance and all the way through to the music for the dance floor. Our play list was amazing and contributed to the atmosphere and entertainment for the day.
Also to think about what your guests will be doing after your ceremony / before your reception. We sent our guests on a river cruise whilst we were getting photos so they were entertained in this time and got a chance to mingle with other guests before the reception commenced.
- Please share your top 3 tips for future brides to make the most of the planning and the experience of their big day?
- Really think about what you and your future husband want instead of what you think your guests might like. It’s your day and you only get one wedding day
- Start planning well in advance as you don’t want any last minute stress just days out from the wedding. If people offer to help then say yes, as people love getting involved in a wedding.
- Everyone says to you that your wedding day goes so fast so enjoy it and believe me it does!! Take 15 minutes out at your reception away just the two of you to stop, toast to the day and to each other.
Thank you so much for sharing 🙂