So, you want to get married but have realised how much it all costs! Your not going to get very far without all the legalities so you will need a celebrant or to pop to the registry office.
Here I explain the differences:
Wedding at the Brisbane registry
You can get married at the Brisbane births, deaths and marriages registry in affordable style with up to 50 guests. The registry is located in a heritage listed and elegant building at 110 George Street, Brisbane, close to the Botanical Gardens and Brisbane River.
Before you can book a ceremony date, we need to discuss your plans. At your first meeting with us, a wedding registry coordinator will get you to:
- lodge your completed notice of intended marriage application form
- book a date and time for your wedding
- show your original proof of ID and eligibility documents
- apply for a marriage certificate
- process your fee payment
- tell us if you have any special requirements (e.g. wheelchair access).
Cost of a ceremony at the registry
A registry wedding in Brisbane is an affordable way to get married. We have extended our hours for registry ceremonies on Friday and Saturday evenings and these ceremonies include a standard marriage certificate plus your choice of commemorative marriage certificate. Evening ceremonies are booked from the first available time for the evening you choose—ceremonies are scheduled every 30 minutes.
To secure a time and date for your ceremony, you will need to pay the applicable fee.
A registry ceremony costs:
- $310 (Monday–Friday, 9.30am–4.00pm)
- $530 (Friday, 5.30pm–8.00pm)—includes your choice of a commemorative marriage certificate package
- $400 (Saturday, 9.30am–4.00pm)
- $530 (Saturday, 4.30pm–7.00pm )—includes your choice of a commemorative marriage certificate package.
The cost for a registry ceremony includes:
- the ceremony
- a celebrant
- the ceremony room
- a ceremonial marriage certificate.
You do not get an official standard marriage certificate on the day of your registry ceremony—you will need to buy one for $43.50.
If you book an evening ceremony, we will send you a standard marriage certificate plus your choice of commemorative marriage certificate when you marriage is registered.
You can change your booking once for free. However, for any additional changes you will need to pay an additional fee for the booking.
Ceremony provided by Next Chapter Ceremonies
Using an authorised marriage celebrant like Laura, you have the flexibility to get married anywhere you want too, Sunshine Coast Beaches, Sunshine Coast Hinterland, a cute little Chapel somewhere or even your own backyard – YOU DECIDE with up to as many guests or as little guests as you like!
Once you pick a date I can lock in the ceremony date for you and we then meet up to discuss your plans. At our first meeting we will:
- chat about your exciting plans for the big day
- I get to hear your story and why you each choice that person to marry out of all the people in the world!!
- We go through all the legalities including lodging your completed notice of intended marriage application form
- You show your original proof of ID and eligibility documents
- We discuss anything you want to include or be part of your ceremony to ensure it’s tailored to you.
- Process your deposit fee payment
- I help and assist you with any recommendation or ideas for your big day!
- We stay in touch throughout the whole planning process so you are comfortable and relaxed on the big day, knowing I am taking care of everything needed and writing you a unique ceremony.
Cost of a civil ceremony with a celebrant
As a civil celebrant we apply all the legalities as the registry office plus all those personal touches and additions that only we can hence the cost being more than the Registry office.
However if your wanting a unique and memorable ceremony that’s not just words, but words tailored to you then it’s a civil celebrant you will need. You will get:
- A tailored ceremony that totally you!
- Unlimited contact and support
- Someone to talk to about your big day that’s happy to help and advise!
- The flexibility to have your ceremony, where and when you want!
- A commemorative marriage certificate
- Help and assistance after the wedding day as to ‘what to do now!!’
- An Award winning celebrant to make your ceremony amazing!!
Laura offers a quality service with unlimited contact, unique and memorable ceremonies written just for you so you will remember the ceremony not just as the legal ‘have to do’ part of your day but that it’s just as special and wonderful as the rest of the day! Prices start from $500